Monday, January 24, 2011

Beautiful Artistic Soaps by Shiny Cat Creations!

Hi Everyone! Sooo, I attempted to make soap once, yep once. I bought the crock pot looking soap melting device, all the fragrances and a mold, certain I would create a masterpiece! And well, I have to say I wasn't too terribly successful!So when I discovered Shiny Cat Creations on Artfire, I was in awe of her work and how tasty they looked!!


Milk Chocolate Soap how can it get better than this?

Perfect Valentines Day Gift for your sweetie! This milk chocolate glycerin soap smells like a cross between a tootsie roll and a milk chocolate piece of candy. This yummy smelling soap even has a “white chocolate” drizzle for that added cute touch!

I love that Shiny Cat Creations lists all her ingredients so nothing is a secret, its all good stuff!


Sweet and Fruity Body Butter Lotion Vegan! Talk about sexy, this creamy body butter lotion is just what the doctor ordered, perfect for those cold evenings! Fruity mix of blueberry, raspberry, and blackberry finishing off with a light scent of flowers and powder. If you love fruity smells, you will absolutely love this! This is a wonderful body butter that is thick and non greasy. It soaks in fast and feels silky after you rub it in.



Sweet and Fruity Berry Soap


I asked Christina from Shiny Cat Creations some questions so we can all get to know more about her and her great handmade soap craft!

1. First off, tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hi! My name is Christina and I used to make jewelry but now I make soap! My store is http://www.artfire.com/users/ShinyCatCreations and I’m absolutely in love with soap making. After 15 years I’ve finally found that thing that makes me say “THIS is what I want to do!” You can be so creative in the soap making process from picking out what types of soap (Olive oil is my new favorite) to picking out the color to match the fragrance. There are so many fragrances out there, I find myself wanting to try every single one of them! I spend many hours a day reading soap making blogs and websites and I am just amazed at what people can do with soap. I used to make candles when I was 20 and loved that, so I’m really surprised I haven’t tried making soap sooner since it’s so similar to candle making.

2. Do you sell anywhere else besides Artfire?

I have a few soaps up on Etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShinyCatCreations

If I have 3 or more of something, I’m listing it there also just so some more people see it.

The majority of my items will be at my Artfire store though.


This is a two part question:

3. What do you think has been the easiest part about selling on Artfire?

The seller’s tools are awesome! I love all the features like listing an item from one page, being able to have 10 pictures and so many more features that there are too many to list really. The SEO on Artfire is amazing also. They really do a lot of the SEO work for you. This is really the first time since selling online that I find my items on google.

The help on the forums is awesome also, from the administrators to the other sellers. They are all very willing to help you if you have a question.

4. What about the hardest part?

I would say getting out there and making myself seen. Trying to get people to look at your items without being “spammy”. Trying to promote yourself, promote others, design and make soap does get to be a little much some days. Sometimes I sit here and wonder where the day went!


Spice Cake Soap, Bundt Pan Shape


5. What future goals do you have for your Artfire shop?

More sales of course! My goals are to get myself seen on Artfire and off of Artfire by taking business cards to various places and possibly by having sales representatives. I’m going to start with my family first!

6. Where else can we find you? (Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Etc)

Artfire - http://www.artfire.com/users/ShinyCatCreations

Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/ShinyCatCreations

Twitter – http://twitter.com/#!/ShinyCatCreatns

Blog – http://www.shinycatcreations.blogspot.com/

Etsy - http://www.etsy.com/shop/ShinyCatCreations

So check out Shiny Cat Creations, she makes such creative and "tasty" soaps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment