Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Introducing Wildcatleatherco!

Please meet wildcatleatherco, a talented leather jewelry artist I found while searching Artfire for great leather and jewelry items!


Pouch jewelry medicine bag brown suede leather small

Wildcatleatherco is leather artist featuring gorgeous leather cuffs, earrings and beaded jewelry pieces. This stunning array of leather items has been hand cut, dyed, carved,tooled, painted and/or designed by wildcatleatherco. Some of her pieces have a peaceful, natural Native American feel.


Leather wrist cuff stitched design hand made up cycled
The intricate stitch design adds just the right touch to this brown leather wrist cuff. Wear this earthy upcycled cuff for a relaxed look.

I am moved by wildcatleatherco's great appreciation and respect for animals and the world surrounding her. I asked wildcatleatherco a few questions about herself and her craft and here's what she said!!

Tell me about yourself and your shop/craft
I live in Central Fl with my husband and one Cat... Have always been a 3 cat household at least, but lost two of my babies, over the last 2 yrs.
Have been very much into making things for over 25 yrs.. Have made everything from Christmas decorations, Crocheted baskets, mop dolls angels, to jewelry and leather items.. and tons of stuff in between.

I'm now making mostly leather items, like cuffs, pouches, book marks and jewelry items. I plan on making journals, coasters, and barrettes in the near future.
I love working with leather, and wish I had started sooner. I can incorporate my love for making jewelry and use all the cool gemstones, feathers, and other jewelry making materials, that I love to work with.

Am a true animal lover, have not eaten meat in over 17yrs... So I was conflicted about working with leather, so I threw my concerns out to the universe and Spirit and asked for an answer. The answer was as long as people eat meat, the skins should not be wasted. I say a little prayer for the soul of the animal and ask permission, before using a new piece of leather.

2) Do you have a tip you can share regarding your art/craft?
Ok tip.. lets see..." Cut leather often will have rough edges... There is a plastic tool you can buy, but if you don't have one, Try using a piece of blue jean material or try other fabric you have in the house. Rub it up and down the leather to smooth."

3) How did your start doing your art/craft as a business?
When I got serious about making jewelry, it started out as a hobby I was serious about. But I got so carried away, that before I knew it, there was jewelry and supplies every where. I had a good amount of money invested.. I had no choice, but to start doing shows, which lead to selling online.

4) When you get in a creative funk, what do you do to motivate or inspire yourself?
Often I just let it ride, do other things till my creative juices start to flow again.. It's only a matter of time. But if I want to push myself I can go through my supplies and let my gemstones talk to me.


Peacock eye feather necklace copper beaded on leather

Where can we find you?
Most of my listings are on Art Fire http://www.artfire.com/users/wildcatleatherco

and http://www.wildcatleather.com

My Blog: http://www.artfire.com/users/wildcatleatherco/blog

I have 2 shops on Etsy at the moment http://wwww.wildcatleatherco.etsy.com
http://www.earthytoelegant.com

Everyone is welcome to email me at earthytoelegantQ@aol.com to find out what shows I will be at in the Rockledge Fl area. Just put " Your upcoming shows " in the subject line.

For more information and products from wildcatleatherco, please visit here at: http://www.artfire.com/users/wildcatleatherco

No comments:

Post a Comment